The Mad Libs of pay per views! Throw people together. Throw matches together. Give me two nouns. This is an odd yet interesting show taking place right in between the Royal Rumble and next month's WrestleMania at which Stone Cold Steve Austin won his first WWF World title.
The House Show 20 - WWF No Way Out of Texas: In Your House took place February 15, 1998 at the Compaq Center in Houston, Texas in front of over 16,000 fans. Stone Cold is the biggest thing in wrestling, followed closely by D-Generation X, and you should hear the ovation for Sable. But one person is missing. Shawn Michaels was injured "training" (or during his Casket Match at the Royal Rumble) and won't be wrestling tonight. Who is a big enough star to take the place of the current WWF champion?
Your favorite wrestling podcast hosts deep dive into every match. Kevin gets confused. Count the Pantera references! Where should announcers draw the line? Who got their NWA peanut butter onto my WWF chocolate? What does attrition mean? And does this show feature the worst match in the entire series?
Tonight's matches include:
- The Headbangers vs. The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust (with Luna) and "Marvelous" Marc Mero (with Sable).
- Taka Michinoku (WWF Light Heavyweight champion) vs. Pantera.
- The Godwinns vs. The Quebecers.
- Justin Bradshaw vs. Jeff Jarrett (NWA North American champion) (with Jim Cornette).
- Ahmed Johnson, Ken Shamrock, and the Disciples of Apocalypse (8 Ball, Skull, and Chainz) vs the Nation of Domination (The Rock, Faarooq, Mark Henry, Kama Mustafa, D'Lo Brown).
- Kane (with Paul Bearer) vs. Vader.
- Cactus Jack, Chainsaw Charlie, Owen Hart, and Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The New Age Outlaws, Triple H (with Chyna) and a Mystery Partner in a Non Sanctioned Match.
The Retro Network’s own Kevin Decent (@MaskedLibrary
) along with his two best friends “Sweet” Matty Treats (@MattyTreats
) and Matt “the Educator of Excellence” are revisiting the WWF’s In Your House pay per view events over the course of the worldwide quarantine. This trios team has been watching wrestling all their lives and debating the outcomes since high school. Join them each week
for a new podcast and invite them in your house.
Contact The House Show across social media! Follow us on Instagram
, and Facebook
. Follow along with each podcast by signing up for a 30-day free trial of the WWE Network
. Watch all the In Your House
pay-per-views plus so much more from the ’80s and ’90s eras including Wrestlemanias, Summerslams, and events from other leagues like WCW and NWA. Click the link here in the show notes and you’ll also be supporting The House Show and The Retro Network as an official WWE affiliate.
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★